Resources/Learn @ Home
Build Your at Home Learning Kit!
Essential supplies for your home learning kit
Gather, buy or create a set of letters. These can be used at all levels, so even if your child is already reading and spelling, you need these in your kit! We will provide suggestions for using these with more advanced readers and spellers as well.
- lower case letters with vowels (a, e, i, o, u) written in red (upper-case letters are handy as well, if you are up to making/ finding two sets)
- include digraphs (keep both letters together) for more advanced readers and spellers (there are more, but these ones are good to start: sh, th, ch, ai, ay, ee, ea, ie, oa, oe, ue, ui, oo)
- indicator for orientation of b, d, p and q (a line underneath or a dot in the bottom right corner)
- simple font (Comic Sans is our go to) or neat handwriting
- store in a large flat container so it’s easy to spread them out and choose what you need (one with compartments is perfect!)
Printed on cardstock https://www.themeasuredmom.com/free-printable-letters-digraphs-blends-word-endings/ or http://www.raisingrobustreaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Phonogram-Word-Building-Tiles-.pdf
Alphabet stickers on cards (or anything else you can think of!)
Old Scrabble tiles