The LowDOWN: A Down Syndrome Podcast brings a professional perspective on issues facing individuals with Down syndrome and their loved ones. Hosts Marla Folden and Hina Mahmood of the Down Syndrome Resource Foundation welcome North America's leading Down syndrome experts, parents and self-advocates to cover topics from across the lifespan including health, physical and intellectual development, advocacy, employment and much more.
Subscribe to The LowDOWN on your favourite podcast app:
Season One Episodes (click for show pages):
1. Dr. Susan Fawcett, M.Sc. RSLP: Learning and Development in Individuals with Down Syndrome (Apr. 15, 2020)
2. Sue Robins, Author: Advocacy and Ableism (Apr. 22, 2020)
3. Dr. Brian Chicoine: Optimizing Physical and Mental Health for Adults with Down Syndrome (Apr. 29, 2020)
4. Hina Mahmood, M.OT.: An Introduction to Occupational Therapy (May 6, 2020)
5. Sam Leach, LSS Teacher: Thriving in Elementary School (May 13, 2020)
6. Jillian Baldwin, M.Sc. RSLP: Early and Higher Level Communication Skills (May 20, 2020)
7. Mark Wafer, Disability Rights Activist: Why Hiring Individuals with Down Syndrome is Good for Business (May 27, 2020)
The LowDOWN is hosted by Marla Folden and Hina Mahmood, and is produced by Glen Hoos. The LowDOWN theme music, “Angels Do,” was written and recorded by Rick Scott.