The LowDOWN: A Down Syndrome Podcast brings a professional perspective on issues facing individuals with Down syndrome and their loved ones. Hosts Marla Folden and Hina Mahmood of the Down Syndrome Resource Foundation welcome North America's leading Down syndrome experts, parents and self-advocates to cover topics from across the lifespan including health, physical and intellectual development, advocacy, employment and much more.
Subscribe to The LowDOWN on your favourite podcast app:
Season Two Episodes - coming soon!
1. Adelle Purdham, Author and Parent - Back to School: COVID Edition (Sept. 9, 2020)
2. Dr. Susan Fawcett, M.Sc. RSLP - Learning and Development: Common Questions (Sept. 16, 2020)
3. Dr. Rafael Pelayo - Sweet Dreams: Down Syndrome and Sleep, Part 1 (Sept. 23, 2020)
4. Dr. Rafael Pelayo - Sweet Dreams: Down Syndrome and Sleep, Part 2 (Sept. 30, 2020)
5. Danielle Gibbons, Founder of Baskets of Love - Welcome to the World: The Down Syndrome Diagnosis (Oct. 7, 2020)
6. Dr. Aven Poynter - Healthy Start: Healthcare for Children with Down Syndrome (Oct. 14, 2020)
7. Heather Wall - Here to Help: The School Support Person (Oct. 21, 2020)
8. Liv Meriano, RSLP - Dual Diagnosis: The Down Syndrome and Autism Connection (Oct. 28, 2020)
9. Andrea Lee, Teacher - Love is Love: Down Syndrome and Sexuality (Nov. 4, 2020)
10. Riley Rosebush, RSLP - Let's Eat: Feeding Issues in Children with Down Syndrome (Nov. 11, 2020)
11. Dr. Katie Frank, MHS, OTR/L - Good Night: Sleep Hygiene and Sleep Routines (Nov. 18, 2020)
12. Shelley Moore, Inclusion Advocate - Inclusive Education: The Next Step (Nov. 25, 2020)
Season One Episodes (click for show pages):
1. Dr. Susan Fawcett, M.Sc. RSLP: Learning and Development in Individuals with Down Syndrome (Apr. 15, 2020)
2. Sue Robins, Author: Advocacy and Ableism (Apr. 22, 2020)
3. Dr. Brian Chicoine: Optimizing Physical and Mental Health for Adults with Down Syndrome (Apr. 29, 2020)
4. Hina Mahmood, M.OT.: An Introduction to Occupational Therapy (May 6, 2020)
5. Sam Leach, LSS Teacher: Thriving in Elementary School (May 13, 2020)
6. Jillian Baldwin, M.Sc. RSLP: Early and Higher Level Communication Skills (May 20, 2020)
7. Mark Wafer, Disability Rights Activist: Why Hiring Individuals with Down Syndrome is Good for Business (May 27, 2020)
The LowDOWN is hosted by Marla Folden and Hina Mahmood, and is produced by Glen Hoos. The LowDOWN theme music, “Angels Do,” was written and recorded by Rick Scott.